Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dodged a bullet!

I've read some race reports from last night's Area 13.1 Half Marathon - the race I was supposed to run. The one I lamented about missing in yesterday's post. Apparently there were some logistical problems. I've seen complaints about the course being dangerously dark in places. But the biggest concern was the lack of water in the last 5 or 6 miles (depending on reports).

That would have been SO bad for me. I don't carry my own fluids during races. I have a handheld bottle but I feel awkward when I'm holding it while I run. I could try a waist pack but those are expensive. So I would have been out of luck. And it was warm and humid last night, as you would expect for Atlanta in August. That could have been very, very bad for me.

As much as I was melancholy about missing the race, I am so glad I dodged that bullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment