Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Marathon Amnesia

If you're a runner who loves Disney then surely you have already seen the 20th anniversary Mickey Marathon Medal already. But just in case... here it is:
It's beautiful, isn't it? It is a double-spinner with a modern Mickey face on one side and a classic Mickey face on the other. There are also two quotes engraved around the Mickey. It is absolutely, positively beautiful!

I WANT IT!!!

I've spent today trying to convince myself that I can do another full - that I even want to. Thankfully, a Disney race is not in the budget at this time, and I suspect that the full marathon will fill up before there is a chance for the money to appear. Which is probably a good thing! LOL

Because I WANT IT!!!

(I do find it ironic that I am sitting here thinking and planning and scheming for a way to participate in race of a distance that is one that I really do not want to attempt again and it's 5 months away --- all the while, I still haven't fully committed to a local race that I've been training for for the last 2 1/2 weeks and is only 6 1/2 weeks away. I wonder why I am so hesitant to pull the trigger on this triathlon??)

2 comments:

  1. I am by no means ready to run a FULL half marathon yet, but I was so tempted by that medal! I will have to suffice myself with the Princess Half & Tinkerbell in 2013... sigh! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tinkerbell is on my bucket list! Have a great race and enjoy that Coast to Coast medal! :)

      Delete