Thursday, August 23, 2012

Why Can't I Do It??

Yesterday I did my "big brick" - the 45/15 one, which is the longest one for my training plan. I do it a total of 4 times. I was intimidated thinking about doing it, and I didn't sleep a wink the night before.

But I did it! And I did pretty well. I ended up riding a little longer than 45 minutes because when my timer went off  was on the other side of the park. I needed to get back to the head of the trail where I left my bag. I ended up riding 10.82 miles, which is my longest bike ride in a year.

Then I headed off on my 15 minute run (which I have changed to 2 miles so I can run beyond the 'dead legs' feeling coming off the bike). The trail is 2.2 miles long so once around and I'd be done. And it went marvelously! I felt strong by around the one mile point, which is about a half mile early!!). I averaged a 10:13 pace even with my walk breaks! My first mile was 10:25 and my second one was 10:02!! Remember that's INCLUDING walking for a minute every 5 minutes. It's shocking!

I wore compression socks yesterday and felt pretty good. Every now and then I felt something that seemed like it might be my knee twinging, but it didn't last long if that's what I was feeling. It really was a successful workout!

But I still didn't register for the triathlon. :( I'm starting to worry a bit. What is wrong with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment