Thursday, September 20, 2012

Keepin' on keepin' on...

A nasty cold kept me out of action all weekend, which was probably a good thing. I had some pain still yesterday during my brick, but today I wore some compression socks during my run and the pain seemed to be less during and after the run. I'm going to keep plugging away at training and see how I'm feeling next weekend. If I can complete the tri, then I can. If I can't, then I can't.

I think I used to assume that if I did everything "right" I would never get injured. And that's just not how it goes. Injuries happen. I'm going to have to understand that. I can do everything I'm supposed to do and sometimes things still go wrong. It's just life as athlete. Nobody wants to be injured and sidelined, but that doesn't mean I have to give up. Yeah, I'm tired of fighting back. But I need to stay active for my health (and sanity), so I just have to learn to deal with the good and the bad. And all of the bad will make me really appreciate the good when it happens.

On a side note, this was waiting for me in the mail today:

I am a card-carrying triathlete now. I don't think I can turn back. At least not until September 2013. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment