Sunday, September 23, 2012

Weekend workout update

Yesterday I did a 13 mile bike ride at the park (which is the distance for next week's tri). I was supposed to do a 75 minute ride but my daughter had an activity so I had to cut my workout short. My main goal was to get in the 13 miles to prove to myself that I could do it. It was very slow going because of the numbers of people at the park, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I wore compression socks to see how that would feel while biking and it felt just fine.

This morning was the workout that I was the most worried about - a 6 mile run. Again I wore compression socks. Again my kids had activities this morning, so I had to run in the dark to get back before my babysitters hit the road to go to church. LOL But it was very pretty outside. My legs were pretty tired, which still surprises me. I'm not sure why - especially since I had skipped 4 workouts last week! @@ Yeah, I'm gonna be tired! Anyway, it was slow going. My left leg bothered me now and then but never anything that made me feel like I should stop. And there were several times when I didn't feel anything at all.

I came back in and iced my shins and put on compression socks to help keep the blood flowing while I was sitting at church. It's not feeling 100% but definitely feeling better than it did before.

Unless something changes for the worse during this upcoming taper week, I think I should be able to start the triathlon next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment