Tuesday, October 23, 2012

At least I got that out of the way...

I forgot to mention that on Sunday afternoon (my Runniversary) I took my youngest to the park to ride her bike. She asked me to bring my bike along as well so we could ride together. It had been awhile since she's ridden, plus she gets a little distracted by the sights around her. So it was a nice, slow ride on a beautiful day.

We were back in the wooded part of the trail, and I was following behind my little bundle of sunshine when all of a sudden she exclaimed, "Look, Mama! A squirrel!" and came to a sudden and complete stop.

In my attempt not to run my precious angel over, I gently applied the brakes and attempted to go around her. Unsuccessfully. Well, I did the important part and missed hitting my child, or her stopped bike.

Thus I have now gotten my first "bike crash" out of the way. Luckily the only injuries were some scrapes and soreness to the left hand that took the brunt of the fall - and my pride.

And thereafter, as we passed by the spot several more times on our bike ride, it became known as, "Mama, that's the place where you crashed!" :D

No comments:

Post a Comment