Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday Cycling

We have had a spell of glorious, beautiful weather here in Georgia this week - and today is the last day for it. So I took advantage of the weather and took Frank out to the park instead of going to the gym to ride the stationary bike.

And I am SO GLAD I did!

The weather was beautiful, and I haven't felt so strong on the bike in a very long time. I was able to go up the hills without having to shift down into a much easier (lower?) gear! And my RPMs stayed just about the same, which is important.

The park was extremely crowded today, too. I guess if you weren't Black Friday Shopping then you must have been at my park! LOL I've never seen so many cyclists, or so many people getting family pictures taken! It was great though. And I managed a really nice pace for me, despite having to weave in and out of people.

I also lowered my seat a little bit, so I don't know if that's the reason for my improvement, or if my legs are stronger now (I have been doing more strength work), or what. But I was excited! I had 2.5 miles that were over 14 mph and that's really good for me!

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment