Monday, November 19, 2012

First Half Marathon Training Run! :)

Today was the very first day of training for the Princess Half Marathon in 2013!

I am going to follow the Run/Walk a Half Marathon program from the book, Marathoning for Mortals. (And YAY my ability to make links is back thanks to my new mouse! WOOHOO!). I have used this book for all of my half marathons, though this will be the first time I've used the Run/Walk program instead of the Run program. Erg, there goes my ego again. @@

Today was the first run. I was supposed to run 3 minutes, walk 2 minutes and repeat that 7 times for a total of 35 minutes. I did this same interval during my run on Saturday and it worked well. Today went even better!

I went to the chiropractor on Friday morning and he did another adjustment on me - and this time he did my neck, too, which was a freaky feeling! But I think it is helping. I'm supposed to run this week and see how I feel. If I'm better, then I don't need to go back. During this morning's run I felt about 80-90%!

I need to take myself back mentally to where I was back in 2009 when I was training for my first half marathon. Back when it was just me running and there was no pressure to be fast or to run long or anything. Back when just being out there at all seemed like an amazing accomplishment. My ego needs to go away so I can get over the fact that I'm taking walk breaks and I relish the fact that I'm building up my endurance again. 

Basically, it's No Pressure Running, but with a training plan and a goal! And a sparkly medal at the end!

And don't forget, I'm running the Princess Half Marathon for a good cause! If you would like to support my fundraising efforts for Train 4 Autism and Spectrum Autism Support Group, just click here: Jennifer's Train4Autism Page

No comments:

Post a Comment