Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Race Report: Lanier Under the Lights 5K

Sorry for the silence on my blog for the last 10 days or so! My laptop died last week, and then we had a very busy weekend. I am back now using the desktop computer that my kids use for their school work... or at least the one they used to use before 2 of them got laptops of their own! LOL It is not a very fun computer to use because of the crazy mouse, but I will be fixing that ASAP! Now, on to the race report!

Lanier Under the Lights is one of my favorite events of the year. I would love to make a fancy link for you but the mouse won't let me so here you go: http://www.lanierunderthelights5k.com/ The course takes you through Lake Lanier Islands and a portion of their Magical Nights of Lights display. The money raised supports the Toys for Tots program as well as my own church's Secret Santa program. I had to miss this one last year because of my injury, so I was very much looking forward to doing it this year. Also, I had recruited a friend to do it with me and this would be her first 5K! She is mostly a walker, but we did end up running a few nice intervals and I was really impressed!

The weather was absolutely gorgeous! In fact, it probably could have been a little cooler, but I won't complain!

Here is the shirt and bib - love how the bib has the race name on it! That is always a nice touch!

 I wore my new Sparkle Skirt in the Dali print! It was very sparkly, especially in the lights!


I got a couple of good pictures of the lights... here is a sampling:

They just keep making this shirt more and more adorable each year! It's a nice quality Hanes shirt and the designs are so cute!


This is one race that sells out quickly year after year, so if you want to participate, you need to get on it right away! Another good race put on by this same race director is the Fallen Heroes of Georgia race that I have mentioned several times on my blog. This one is in March and is definitely worth attending. There are 5K and 10K options for that one. Click on this link http://www.active.com/running/buford-ga/fallen-heroes-of-georgia-10k5k1k-2013 to register!

Next race up for me is the Jingle Jog for Autism! My 5th anniversary running of my first ever 5k! I am so excited! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment