Sunday, November 4, 2012

Savannah: One Year Later...

Yesterday, the Rock N Roll Savannah Marathon/Half-Marathon was run in Savannah, GA. You may remember that this race last year was supposed to be my Marathon Maniac qualifier, but I was unable to complete the full marathon because of my injury. You can read the race report here, if you need a refresher.

In fact, I'm going to do the same. Why? Because I haven't read that post once since I wrote it a year ago.

Yeah, it's been that hard. (I still haven't read the one about MCM, and I didn't blog about the One Year Later because it was infinitely harder than yesterday was.)

But since I was coming here to report how I made it through yesterday without any tears or anything, I think I should go all the way and read how I was feeling right after the race. I'll be right back...

::insert Jeopardy music here::

Well, that was interesting. I wonder if I would have felt the same had I known that a year later, I still wouldn't be up to half-marathon shape still? I think I figured that if I only did the half, it would mean I would be healed up so much more quickly than I did.

But I had forgotten how much pain I was in. I had forgotten about the blisters and the pain on the top of my foot completely! Yeah, stopping at the half was definitely the correct decision for that day!

I'm really glad to be passed both the MCM and Savannah in terms of the whole "One Year Later" things. I think it will be easier from here on out. I'm really not where I thought I would be in terms of the distance I am able to run, but I'm really close. I have run 8 miles three weeks in a row now and I am not hurting. I will keep at 8 miles for all of November, and maybe December if I feel like I need a little more time.

But then once I am able to run in the double-digits again, I will feel like I'm really "back". I am ready to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment