Sunday, December 9, 2012

Going Coast to Coast for Spectrum!

You've been waiting for it all week... and now, at last, here is the BIG NEWS!!

I am going COAST TO COAST again in 2013!! What does this mean, exactly? Well, it's simple! I am going to run a half marathon in California... and then I'm going to run a half marathon in Florida 5 weeks later! It's part of Run Disney's Coast to Coast Challenge. I did it once before in 2010, but those races were 6 months apart. 5 weeks apart is going to be a whole new level of challenge, and I am very excited about it! I will be doing the Tinker Bell Half Marathon on January 20th and then the 5th Anniversary Princess Half Marathon on February 24th (as I had planned to do all along). After completing the Princess Half Marathon, I will receive the Coast to Coast medal in addition to my Princess Half Marathon medal!

Now you may be wondering what this means for the fundraising I am doing for Spectrum, our local autism support group.Well, I figure Double the Miles? Double the Races? Double the GOAL!!

Yep, instead of raising $500 to send two children with autism to Spectrum's summer camp - I am shooting to raise $1000 to send FOUR children to summer camp! WOOHOO!!

A special thanks to those who have already donated! I appreciate you helping me to make my 5th year of running about something bigger than me! And if you haven't already donated, what are you waiting for!?! You can make a donation online through my fundraising page!

Stay tuned for updates on my training! The first race - Tinker Bell Half Marathon - is only 6 weeks from today!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment