Monday, December 17, 2012

Letting go

Sorry that it's been awhile since I've posted. You see, on our 12-12-12 walk, we ended up with a companion who walked with us. And I've been a little busy with welcoming this new guy into the family! :)

Sebastian... better known as "Bast"
It's almost like having a newborn. Or maybe, rather a toddler... as I've been having to cat-proof the house bit by bit! But he's a sweetie and he's starting to feel quite at home now.

Back to the topic at hand now -

I got some new shoes last week. Finally took the plunge and got some bright shoes!
Mizuno Wave Rider 16
They are awesome and beautiful and I've run in them twice so far. I had a little problem with my big toe this morning, so I'll give it another run or two and see if it happens again. If so, I'll go a half size bigger. They feel very nice and remind me of my Brooks Launch shoes that got discontinued right after I found them.

I also picked up another pair of the Brooks Ghost 5 that I've been wearing with much success since August. But now with the two new pair of shoes, I had no room for them. I decided it was time to let go of my older shoes. I took a picture of them for my scrapbook, and then they will be donated. I bid them a fond farewell and may they take their new owners on more of the wonderful kinds of adventures they took me on!

My first ever running shoes! I spent $40 on them and thought I was big time!

The shoes I wore in my first Half Marathon!

The shoes I wore to complete the Coast to Coast Challenge in 2010!

This pair of Nikes and the two in the next picture combined together to get me through my first marathon and the Goofy Challenge!

The shoes that helped me learn never to buy the same color of the same style of shoe if I can help it at all!

Here they are... the 6 pair of shoes that are leaving my room and moving on to better things!

Letting go can be hard, especially because there are such wonderful memories associated with these shoes. But sometimes you have to let go of the past and look to the awesome things that the future holds!




No comments:

Post a Comment