Saturday, December 8, 2012

Race Report: 2012 Jingle Jog for Autism 5K

I had a really great time at the Jingle Jog for Autism 5K today! The weather was beautiful, though a little warm for a Jingle Jog! LOL Not that I want it to be freezing like it was in 2009, but a little chill in the air would have been nice! It felt like early spring! :)

The venue and course were new this year and it was an improvement, I think! The vendors and number/shirt pick-up were inside Loganville High School, which would be very nice if the weather were terribly cold outside. There were lots of activities for kids outside as well, more than I remember seeing before. There seemed to be more vendors as well. The course was a bit hillier than in previous years, but it wasn't awful. Overall, I'm really pleased with the changes and I think it will allow the race to grow more in the future.

Pre-race!

Swag!

Sporting the Jingle Bell!

Post race picture! 



I don't have a race shirt picture yet because there wasn't anyone home to take a picture of me - they were off on this busy day taking my children to their various activities so I could do the race! But I'll post it here when I get one!

I still can't believe that this is my 5th time doing this race...it doesn't seem possible that I've been running this long! Can't wait for Jingle Jog 2013! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment