Saturday, January 12, 2013

Last long run done!

Sorry it's been nearly a week since my last post! We started back to school here and since we home school that means that my free time is diminished! ;) And since we were starting back after a 2 week break, it also means that nobody was really interested in getting their work done. With the Tinker Bell Half Marathon fast approaching, that includes me as well! I had such a hard time concentrating on things that needed to be done last week. This week will be no better I'm sure!

So today was the last long run... 5 miles of 3/1 intervals, plus around a mile of walking to warm up and cool down. I skipped the "Two Miles for Tink" this week because I think my legs need the rest/taper more than the practice.

The run went very well. It's quite warm here in Georgia right now, so I got to test out my Tink outfit. In fact, it's about 10 degrees warmer here this morning than it's supposed to be in CA on the morning of the race! But I got to test out the outfit and make sure it all feel good on, which it does. Here is a pic of the outfit from the day it came in:


The top is from Raw Threads and is the first shirt I have tried from them. The front says "Fly Thirteen Point One" and it has wings on the back  - matches the skirt beautifully. They say that their V-neck shirts run large and to size down. Since I was between the Small and Medium, I ordered a Small and it still has plenty of room.The skirt is a Sparkle Tech from Sparkle Skirts, my go-to running skirt these days! This one is called "You Can Fly" and it is a limited edition so if you think it's cute, you need to order ASAP before she runs out of the fabric!

Needless to say, I got lots of funny looks at the park this morning! LOL 

Packing starts today! I am going to try my best not to over-pack like I usually do but I'm so unsure about the CA weather that I will be bringing lots of layering clothes. I'm going to check a bag, but I may have to also bring a carry-on! Oh, well!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend of swim/bike/run/walk! Most everyone I know is at Disney World for marathon weekend right now, so if you're there, hope you're having a wonderful time!!





No comments:

Post a Comment