Sunday, March 17, 2013

Race Report: 2013 Fallen Heroes of Georgia 5K

Yesterday was a beautiful late winter day in Georgia - perfect weather for the Fallen Heroes of Georgia race! I was really glad, too, since this race hasn't had the best of luck when it comes to weather! But this 5th running was blessed with absolutely ideal racing conditions!

I did this race with my friend, Kelley, who did the Lanier Under the Lights 5K with me back in November. She took 5 minutes off her time for that race! She did a fantastic job!

We arrived an hour early and that hour passed by so quickly! We got a few pictures, and then went over to the corrals!

Photo op! :)


"Intermediate runners?" - cracked me up!

Ready to race!! 

I have said before that they need to add additional corrals because 8:45-14:30 is too large of a gap to be lining up together. Now, I don't know if people self-adjusted themselves in the corrals or what, but I don't feel like we did nearly as much weaving this year. We did a 1/1 interval pretty much through the first 2 miles and it didn't seem to be a problem. Maybe others who have done this race before figured it out!

This year's shirt is by far my favorite!  It doesn't hurt that it's in 'my color'! :) How nice of them!



I'll be back next year for sure! :) I pray there won't be any names added to the back of shirt for next year's event!

2 comments: