Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The end of the intervals

Today I completed Week 6 of the Couch to 5K training program. This means that, Lord willing, the time for walking intervals is behind me!

Today I ran 2.25 miles without stopping (not even for water because I'm obsessive like that - and it was cold enough to get away with it!). It was an incredible feeling! I'm not sure why that is. But it was awesome. And everything felt good - no twinges in my knees and even my shin/calf/hamstring on the left side cooperated!

I won't run for a couple of days now because I have a very busy weekend ahead of me!

Saturday is the Fallen Heroes of Georgia 5K/10K/1K! I have participated in this race since its inception back in 2009! So yes, this is the 5th anniversary! This year I'm going to walk the 5K with my friend, Kelley!

And the reason I'm walking the 5K is because I have to leave straight from there to go to Shake It for a Cure, a Zumbathon event put on by my Zumba instructor! This is her 2nd annual event - I missed it last year because we were celebrating Riley's 13th birthday, but I am not going to miss out this year! :)

If you are in the Atlanta area, please consider coming to either (or both!!) of these events this Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment