Tuesday, April 2, 2013

3 whole miles!

Yesterday, I ran 3 WHOLE MILES without any walk intervals! I haven't done this since the middle of 2011. Honestly, sometimes I didn't think I would ever be able to do this again. I had no IT Band issues, no left shin/calf issues, and I didn't even feel the tenderness in my left foot (from dropping the pizza stone on it last Friday) until the very end of the 3rd mile. It was even a little warm outside so I could wear short sleeves!

I will never, ever take running (or biking, or swimming) for granted. Not ever again! :)


4 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Awesome you had such a great run!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! I did it again this morning, too! I was really tired and didn't really want to get out there, but I remembered how grateful I am to be ABLE to run, and I got myself up and did my 3 miles! :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! That's awesome. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kellie! It's been so exciting!

      Delete