Friday, April 26, 2013

A wild and crazy week!

Well, blogger is not letting me upload pictures tonight, so there goes my clever post.

This week we removed 20 year old carpet and linoleum in our house and got brand new carpet, linoleum (that looks so much like tile it's scary), and laminate (that looks so much like hardwood it's funny)! We had to move everything out of the house, and that includes the desktop computer that's been my best buddy since my laptop died last year.

So I've been gone. But I've been a good girl and I've kept up my workouts. Sometimes I need the release so I am not crazy!

I decided to make this week a cut-back week since I really haven't had one since Princess, and I've been feeling some random aches and pains (mostly in the lovely lower left leg again @@). I ran for 30 minutes on Monday and Wednesday. Tuesday the kids and I hiked a mile to the top of Stone Mountain and back. Thursday I swam, and today I took my bike to the park for a ride.

It's funny to me how I can be so sore and tired on a cut-back week and feel worse than I did the week before when I was working so much harder - especially since last week I spent painting my bedroom and bathroom and moving my entire house into a POD. My leg is really bothering me, and it's just plain aggravating. I wish I knew why it keeps doing this.

The worst part of the whole week happened today. Somehow I managed to lose my Garmin 305. I took it off the bike at the park and I usually toss it in my bag with my helmet, but when I got home today it wasn't there. I looked all over the car, all in my bag and my shoes and my helmet - even drove back to the park to see if it was in the parking lot. Unfortunately, it is gone. I sobbed and sobbed on the way home from the park. My husband gave me that watch for Christmas in 2009 as a huge surprise. It's so sad.

I have a run on the schedule tomorrow, but my heart is really not in it so I don't know if I will or not.

6 comments:

  1. Ugh, so sorry about the Garmin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your Garmin and your leg! :( Hope it gets better soon. I recently ripped out my 15 year old carpet and put down linoleum everywhere...it looks shockingly like hardwood. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it awesome?! I love how nice everything looks and how CLEAN I can get it! It's killing me that I can't share pictures. Apparently Blogger is having some technical difficulties with picture uploading right now!

      Delete
  3. Aww no! So sorry about the Garmin and your aches and pains! Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete