Friday, April 5, 2013

Happy Graduation Day! And Happy Birthday!

Today I completed the Couch to 5K Plan - again! :) I didn't realize when I set out to do this after the Princess Half Marathon that I would be finishing the plan on my birthday. But I did! Happy Birthday to me! This time last year, I was just getting back into running (with intervals) and was wondering if I would ever be able to run nonstop again! And now I am! What a fantastic way to start a new year of life for me! :)

Yes, I am that old!

You already know what I got for my birthday from my hubby - a wetsuit!

And you already know what I got for my birthday from my parents - cycling shoes and pedals!

As a gift to myself, I signed up for a virtual racing series that my friend, Jan, told me about - The Nerd Herd Racing Series. It begins with the "May the 4th Be With You 5K", continues with the "Happy Birthday Harry Potter 5K/10K" in July, and culminates with the "Banned Book Week 5K/Half Marathon" in September. If you complete all 3 races, you get a bonus medal! So awesome!

So besides going for a run and enjoying free Moe's for lunch, what do I do on my birthday?

Why, plan my training for this summer's triathlons of course! :D I am having a hard time finding a training plan that I like so I'm sort of coming up with my own based on Swim Bike Mom's free training plan. I based my training on it for last year's tri, but I had to modify it quite a bit because I had only 2 months to train. I have 4 months now, officially, but I've got a much, much better base for all of the sports than I did last year. But it's hard for me to go on my own and not have it all laid out for me! So I am probably over-thinking it. ;)

Don't everyone all laugh at once... 

2 comments: