Saturday, April 6, 2013

Trainer ride - check!

I decided on 15 miles again for my bike ride today, and since I'm still working on the pedals (ok - since I'm still a chicken! LOL), I decided to stick to the trainer. Really, aside from being a little bit of a chicken, my thinking was that the BSG (Bike Store Guy) told me that I will be using ALL of the muscles in my legs with the new pedals, so I figured that I needed to make sure my legs don't go dead.

So my plan is this - 15 miles the next 3 weeks: trainer this week, park trail next week, and then the road the following week.

All right, fine. I'm a BIG chicken! LOL But that's OK. I'm still pretty new to riding on the real roads at all, so if I need a little extra time to get my nerves ready to clip in/out on the real roads, then I'll do it.  It's not going to hurt anything in the long run! :)

I had some technical difficulties this morning. My cadence wasn't registering. I was still picking up the mileage however, so I'm not sure what is going on. I'm going to try to play with it a bit this afternoon to see if I can figure out what happened.

Everyone have a safe weekend on the roads, in the water, or even on the trainer/treadmill!


1 comment:

  1. I hope your next three weeks go well! Best of luck with training! :0)

    ReplyDelete