Saturday, May 11, 2013

Here I Go Again!


"I don't know where I'm going.... but I sure know where I've been..."

Aren't you glad you can't hear my singing on the blog? And I promise not to post any pictures of me crawling around on the hood of my car.

(If you don't understand what I'm talking about, then watch this video ASAP)


So yesterday, I ran for 35 minutes and had quite possibly the best run I've had in months. Everything felt great! It was sunny and in the mid 50s, and I didn't push too hard.  It was absolutely fantastic!

Then in the afternoon yesterday, I was cleaning the house and now and then my knee felt like it was buckling. I described it to my husband as feeling like the knee wasn't really connected together.

But then it stopped and it never hurt. So I didn't think too much of it. This morning I was scheduled for a bike ride and, even though it was the first sunny Saturday in 3 weeks, I decided to ride on the trainer in case the knee gave me trouble.

But it didn't. I had a decent 65 minute trainer workout and felt pretty good coming off the bike.

So imagine my surprise this afternoon when I'm at my girls' rehearsal for next week's recital and I find that I'm unable to put my full weight on my left leg. My knee is killing me. I got up and tried to walk it off, and then I sat on the floor for the remainder of the rehearsal in case it was the chair giving me trouble.

But it didn't get better. In fact, it's worse. I came home and stretched some and iced it and even took some ibuprofen.

I guess I'm back in the injured list. :( Will rest for the next 4 days, and then see how it feels.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! :0( I'm so sorry!! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! That is so frustrating!! I hope you feel better soon and it doesn't give you too much trouble!!

    ReplyDelete