Friday, May 24, 2013

It's almost time!

I survived the last 7 days, which is amazing considering we had dress rehearsal and recitals for my girls! They did beautifully, though, and I'm so proud of both of them! It was actually nice to plan to take the weekend off from workouts because that gave me one less thing to try to fit in!

My side is still bothering me. I had two more adjustments this week and expressed my frustration yesterday that it doesn't seem to be getting better. The chiro suggested that I get a massage for that area, and I have one scheduled for next Friday anyway, so I will ask her to work on it. He did some big time adjusting on my spinal column and it sort of hurt yesterday but is feeling a bit better today. I'm also being diligent with the icing. I have been cycling, and running, and I did Zumba on Wednesday like I wanted to!

Tomorrow I am signed up for a 5K race, and if all goes well, it will be my first 5K race running nonstop in 2 years! I'm excited! :)

Also, today I won an entry to a Super Sprint Triathlon! That's very exciting and so cool - but it's only 3 weeks away! LOL My tri training for my big races begins on Monday and I haven't done a brick workout in at least 9 months! Guess I'd better get on that, huh? I was hoping to get a tri in before August, but a little more advance notice might have been beneficial! Oh well, I know I can cover the distances (250meter pool swim, 10 mile bike, 2.5 mile run). I just have to work on them back-to-back! Regardless, I'm going to have fun!




1 comment:

  1. Have a great race! Exciting about winning an entry to a Tri!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete