Friday, June 28, 2013

ACK!?!

Is this really what I look like when I swim???

Did my laps indoors while the kids played in the outdoor play pool!
OK, I no longer wish I could take/post pictures of myself after a swim workout. I mean, I'm sort of cute after a bike ride. And I'm not too bad after a run (but definitely better when I'm wearing a visor or cap than a Bondi Band). But this? This is just frightening! LOL

Today's workout was great, though. 800 yards - the longest so far in this training. I did a 200 yard warm-up, then 200 yards of endurance training (where I breathe every 5th stroke), 350 yards of speed drills (most 25s, but threw in one 50), and then a 50 yard cool down of breast stroke and back stroke. The water felt glorious today.

After my workout, I played with the kids in the play pool, and even went down the water slide and on the diving board. They are growing up so fast and they need a little encouragement to let loose and play like they used to when they were little! Seeing mom being a goofball surely helps!

Long ride tomorrow and I'm not sure where I'm going to do it yet. It'll be the longest I've done in a couple of months, I think. Looking forward to knowing how far I've ridden when I'm done! LOL

3 comments:

  1. How great that you took time to play with the kids! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great workout today! You don't look bad...you look like you just went for a swim, which you did! :0) Glad you had a good time with the kids, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, y'all! I definitely thought I looked less dorky when I swim! ;)

    ReplyDelete