Monday, June 17, 2013

Triathlon Training - Week #3

This week's training went according to plan, even when throwing in the super sprint race on Saturday. I kept the volume the same as in the training plan, just some of it was done on the same day. That means that I took a rest day yesterday instead of a long(ish) run.This week is a cut-back week which is perfectly timed! Though the shorter workouts are sort of annoying, I know it is in my best interest to follow them. I do add my Zumba class back in on Tuesdays for the summer (ending right before the peak of training), so this is also a great week to do that... gives my body a chance to get back into the habit of 'shaking it' while I'm not also building up my workouts for the tri in August.

The official results came in for the super sprint and it's a little embarrassing! I was 4/7 for my age group, 21/27 among women, and 49/57 overall. Ouch! I sure didn't feel like I was that close to the bottom of the barrel! ::shrug:: I have to remember that the purpose for the race wasn't to "do well" but was so I could get in the practice that I need for the transitions! I will appreciate that come August!

I can't believe the race is 8 weeks from this coming Saturday!




2 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up too much about your status in the race. You completed it and that is a huge accomplishment in itself! Awesome job with training last week, too! :0)

    ReplyDelete