Monday, June 24, 2013

Triathlon Training: Week #4

In this 12 week training plan there is a cut-back week every 4th week of training. I usually like my cut-backs to be every 3 weeks, so we'll see how this works for me as the training picks up. And pick up it does in the next few weeks! :)

For this week, I just enjoyed the downtime and focused on stretching. I also ended up doing a surprise 5K, which was a lot of fun!

I am excited to be getting into the real meat of the training this coming week. I call it the "Build" phase and that's when I get out of the area on the bike where I ride all the time and start adding up some time in the saddle. Neither the swim nor the run will have me approaching record workout times, but that's why I picked this training plan. I've got to improve my cycling and I will do that via time in the saddle.

I am also bumping up my twice weekly strength training. Today I started that and it proved to be a nice challenge. I am already starting to see some improvements in my overall muscle tone! :)

I hope to be able to post more this week, now that I have a laptop again!

1 comment:

  1. Love cutback weeks! :0) yay for a new laptop!

    ReplyDelete