Thursday, July 11, 2013

"...and boy were my legs tired!"

I'm not exactly sure why I thought today would be a good day for a hill workout. It was 72 degrees and 10000% humidity when I left the house. Lots of fog again. I was going to go run a soft trail path today but decided against it because of the storms last night. Instead I put on my new shoes and hit the hilly park.

Mizuno Wave Rider 16 - my first pair of black running shoes! Running Warehouse has a pair in bright orange, and I think that will be my next color! :D
I stuck with the Mizunos this time. Back in December, I bought a pair of these and a another pair of Brooks Ghosts. But I'm finding that I prefer the feel of the Mizuno on my feet, so I went with those. I still hold out hope that the Brooks Launch will be released again like I heard was coming in 2013!

The run itself went well, and I was glad to have my handheld water bottle with me. By the end of the run, I was literally dripping sweat, which just doesn't happen to me. I'm not a heavy sweater, but apparently I have been this summer. I need to remember to start carrying a towel to wipe myself down after my workouts.

Post-run: the shoes are cool but the legs are TIRED!
Just 3 more workouts until the cut-back week next week! WOOHOO!!

1 comment:

  1. 10000% humidity! Hah...I feel you on that one! Glad you had a good run, desipte the crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete