Saturday, July 13, 2013

Gear Report: Cruiser Bike Girl Skirt

Last week, I won a contest on the Skirt Sports website for a Cruiser Bike Girl Skirt. Until seeing this contest announcement, I didn't even realize that Skirt Sports had cycling skirts, which is a little embarrassing considering that I've been running in their Gym Girl Ultra skirts for years, and I wore their triathlon gear in my first two triathlons! I'm not sure how I overlooked it!

Anyway, I got to choose my favorite print, so I went with the Paradise Print. There was a "special fit" note on this skirt which indicated that the shorts are more compressive and the back rise lower this spring, so if you're between sizes you may want to go up. I usually wear an XS in the Gym Girl Ultra, though the last two I got seemed to have different elastic in the waist, so I sent them back for S. Since I have larger thighs, I decided to go up to the S in the Cruiser Bike Girl. I'm glad I did, because I couldn't have handled a more compressive short. The waist is a little big (and it is lower in the back like they said) but since I'm sitting the entire time, I don't have to worry about it falling down.

I took a chance and wore it the first time today on a 90 minute ride! I normally wouldn't try out something new on such a long workout (I haven't cycled this long in over two years! LOL) but my other cycling workout during the week is a brick and I can't attempt that with the padding in this skirt.

My hubby was nice enough to wake up early on a Saturday morning to take a picture of me before I left!

Ignore the lack of makeup and instead focus on the adorable skirt!!
The first thing I noticed was how comfortable this skirt is. I have one other pair of cycling shorts and they are very low-waisted and the waist is not at all comfortable. This skirt fits nicely. I had a little struggle getting it on the first time, and ended up getting the shorts positioned and then put the skirt down over it - but didn't have any issues today, not even during the two potty breaks I took before my ride. It felt great during the ride and was very comfortable. I don't have any issues from wearing the new gear on a long workout!!

After the ride, I didn't feel sweaty or icky, but I still changed out of my workout clothes for the nearly hour drive home. When I got home and hung up my gear, it was most definitely sweaty! How nice that it didn't feel heavy and wet on me while I was working out.

The one thing I liked the best about this skirt was that I didn't feel conspicuous walking around with "bike shorts" on. I always hate walking around with skin-tight shorts on and especially with cycling shorts because of the padding. I didn't feel that way at all with this skirt! It was awesome. I would have felt comfortable going into the store in my workout gear!

So, as you may have guessed, I'm sold on this skirt! I have actually been looking for cycling capris and tights for the fall and winter riding, so I will be watching Skirt Sports actively (ok, obsessively! LOL) waiting for the Cruiser Bike Girl Knicker Skirt and the Cruisin' Tights to go on sale!

And here is my first time for a disclosure!! How exciting! I did win this skirt in a contest on the Skirt Sports Facebook page, but all of my opinions are my own. I was not asked to do a review of this item by the company. How was that? :D


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review!! We're glad our contest introduced you to the Cruiser Bike Girl...and you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for some good cycling shorts with 'coverage' so why not a skirt! Perfect. I'll be watching for them to go on sale too!

    ReplyDelete