Monday, July 29, 2013

Triathlon Training: Week 9

This is going to be a very brief post since I outlined the training in-depth in other posts. I felt strong through this entire week of "peak" phase training. Waking up this morning, the first day of Week 10 - the Peak of the "peak" - was a little different. LOL

I was sore. I was tired - actually slept until 8:30, but felt like I could sleep much longer. And my morning started off with some bad news, and it kept going downhill from there. It culminated with the transmission going out on my car this evening on the way home. Bad, bad day.

I took my girls to the pool today, hoping to brighten things up a bit. It helped a little, and I went ahead and did tomorrow's swim workout since I was there. I was incredibly tired but just swam through it, and even was able to push it a little bit towards the end.

This evening I did the strength training that I skipped this morning. Only one more of these sessions before I drop the strength training during the 2 week Taper. Since I've never trained this hard for a triathlon before, I wonder if I will experience Taper Madness like I did during half marathon training?

This evening, to put a smile on my face, I tried on my tap shoes. Did I mention that I'm taking the adult tap class at the dance studio where my girls dance? And I'll be in the recital in the spring? Today I took the girls to get new dance shoes for this coming year and my teen's old tap shoes (which were too big for her) are officially mine!

Don't I look cute? Maybe the teacher can have me stand like this during the recital, and the rest of the class (all experienced tappers) can just dance around me!
Yeah, I'm probably in a little over my head this coming year with starting tap, but it's been something I've wanted to do for a long time! I miss my adult ballet class, too, and would love it if they would start another one - but this will have to do for now!

I have a busy week ahead, not just in terms of training, but I will try to keep updates coming! Sometimes I just post a blurb here or there, or a picture, on Facebook, so be sure to like me.


No comments:

Post a Comment