Friday, July 26, 2013

Weekend fueling!

I have my longest bike ride EVER tomorrow, as well as my longest nonstop run in over 2 years on Sunday! I am EXCITED! But there are some fueling questions I have, especially for the bike. I don't think I'm fueling right, since all I do is drink Gatorade. And honestly, I usually end up with this icky taste in my mouth by the end. I tried the nuun as an alternative to Gatorade and I really love it, so now I'm replacing it with this and tomorrow I'll see how it goes.

I am trying two new things this weekend: 

Cherry Limeade Nuun - tried it today and it's SO GOOD! Also trying my first ever gel - Huma! Gonna try that on the run in case it doesn't work well! LOL

I realize I probably should have tried all of this new fueling sooner than 3 weeks out from the triathlon! LOL Oh well! I know I can fall back on Gatorade if I need to - but after using the Nuun this week, I tried the Gatorade again and the taste was overwhelming.

Check back this weekend for updates! And remember to like my Facebook page so you can see when I've posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment