Friday, August 30, 2013

When I ran, but I probably shouldn't have...

I started to feel a little better yesterday afternoon. I found this big bottle of Airborne that I bought at Costco before my Tink and Princess trips and decided to dose myself up. I don't know if it was a placebo effect, but I did feel better afterward!

This morning I woke up and argued back and forth with myself about running this morning. Friday mornings my daughter has an outside class that is very near a park that has a nice running trail. So I could drop off, run, and come home to work with the other kids. So tempting that I couldn't resist today.

I decided that I would take it nice and easy even though it will be my "long run day." I need to practice going slowly as I ramp up my mileage again, so this would be a great day to practice. It was hot and really humid, and coming off a cold really didn't help matters I'm sure.

I struggled to maintain my goal pace. One mile I'd be way over - one mile I'd be way under. Too slow. Too fast. Back and forth. In the end, my overall pace was right where I wanted it. Now I need to practice maintaining a nice, even, relaxed pace for a long run. I used to be able to do it with no problem. Now I feel all off trying to do it.

I haven't felt any worse today since my run - still sneezing now and then and dealing with the runny nose. But I'm not as achy as I have been. Night before last I slept 11 hours and woke up feeling like I needed to sleep another 11 hours! My plan is to go for a bike ride in the morning if I sleep well and wake up feeling OK. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment