Friday, September 20, 2013

Great long run!

This morning I hit another milestone in my recovery! Today I ran 8 miles without walk breaks for the first time since early 2011!

The weather started off cooler, so it felt really comfortable until the very last miles. I am definitely ready for the fall to come! Since it was cooler, I didn't carry any liquids with me, and just left them at the trail head like I used to do. It worked just fine! Funny how sometimes I worry that I won't be able to do something like I used to (going without carrying fluids with me).

Tomorrow is my longest bike ride ever, and it will be on the trainer. There is an 80-100% chance of rain and I don't want to drive an hour to get to the trail only go get rained out. So I'm going to strengthen my mind as well as my legs tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment