Thursday, September 5, 2013

The week the pool was closed

This happens twice each year, and each time I pout! I'm pouting especially badly this time because my last swim post-triathlon sucked and I really wanted to redeem it. But then I got that "ICK" last week where I felt awful and couldn't breathe, so I had to skip the pool. And now it's closed. But it will be open next week!

Tuesday I had my tap class and it was great! I felt much more confident - though I was a little frustrated that I couldn't get a couple of moves. When I talked to my daughter about it, she told me that it took her a year to get that particular move. Well, that wasn't helpful! LOL But at the same time, I guess it's good to know that I'm not expected to get all of the moves immediately. It's hard when there are so many experienced dancers in the class and you're just starting out! :)

On Wednesday, I needed to ride my bike but by the time my son had his speech class and we got back home, we had a lot of work left to do. I had hoped to get to the park, but I couldn't afford the 30 minutes extra that going to the park would involve. So I put the bike on the trainer in the stifling hot garage and went to town! About 10 minutes into my ride, I yelled at the kids to please turn on the fan for me, which helped a lot! I started with a warm up which was slower than usual as I tried to get my cadence sensor to pick up, and then I did intervals of 10 minutes and then I would go up to the next harder gear. I did that until the 40:00 mark and then started working my way back down again. Then I did a cool down until I got to 16 miles. It went really well!

Today I did the rest of my strength training that I ran out of time for yesterday. I had hoped to go to Zumba last night, but my parenting responsibilities kept me running the roads for the kids.

That's the update for the week so far. I read this really great post today on Swim Bike Mom's blog and I plan to blog a response to it either tomorrow or sometime over the weekend. It's really good stuff to think about! So go on over and check it out, and then come back here this weekend and check out my thoughts as well - not as good as her stuff, but that's OK! It'll be 'good enough'! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment