Sunday, October 20, 2013

Excuses?

If you have been on Facebook at all in the last few days, you have certainly seen this picture pop up in your news feed:



This beautiful young woman is Maria Kang and she has stirred up quite a controversy. I'm not going to devote a post to the pros and cons of her message or what she might be trying to accomplish with this picture. (If you are interested, however, I think Swim Bike Mom does a pretty good job with expressing her thoughts!)

What I AM saying, if I'm saying anything at all, is... this picture just doesn't have the same kind of power when you've got teenagers:



Happy Sunday, everyone! :)

(Special thanks to my 14 year old for adding the captions to the picture, since I had no idea how to do that! LOL)

8 comments:

  1. This is the greatest picture. This gave me such a huge chuckle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you show taste and decorum and being fully dressed in the presence of your teens!!! Thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the giggle. You look great for a mom with teens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! :) Love that your kids went along with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn! Austin's expression/body language was NOT posed, so I think he just barely went along with it! He's a good kid! ;) Riley thought it was hysterical, and Reece just loves getting her picture taken! It turned out just a funny as I pictured in my head! So glad you liked it!

      Delete