Friday, October 11, 2013

My poor nerves!!

Tomorrow I am running in my first trail race. The weather is going to be absolutely gorgeous, and it has been all week. The trails are sure to be in fine condition. I have no nagging injuries or twinges and everything has gone really well! I don't think I could have asked for the circumstances to be more in my favor than they will be tomorrow!

So why am I freaking out??

I can't figure out what to wear! I am absolutely terrified that I'm going to get lost - despite friends' reassurance that these races are well-marked! And I didn't get nearly enough trail running practice. I had wanted to go out to the park at least 2 additional times but the weather and family circumstances didn't allow for it.

I don't think I was this nervous before my first half-marathon or triathlon. It sort of reminds me how I felt before my first 5K. But this is just craziness!!

Hopefully I'll be able to get a decent night's sleep and will enjoy this race. I just want to have fun and enjoy myself - finish time doesn't matter to me at all for this race! So why I'm still so freaked out is beyond me!

If you're up early tomorrow morning, I'd appreciate your prayers! And I'll be sure to post a race report as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment