Saturday, November 9, 2013

WOW! It's Blog Post #50....2. @@

I really don't believe I did this again.

Back in September, I missed doing something special on my 1200th blog post on my homeschooling blog. So I was determined not to do that here. My 500th blog post was going to be something special. Something AMAZING.

And I completely forgot about it.

In case you're interested, here is my 500th Post: The big #500! It was on Halloween Day, no less.

Anyway... I guess there is always the 1000th post to look forward to! :D

I can't believe it's been a whole week since I posted. It certainly wasn't on purpose. This has been a really busy week! I have been able to get my workouts in just fine, but it's been really crazy.

I reached another milestone in my running - 9 miles without walk breaks! I had been so stressed out about it, too, which was bizarre. I've been running 8.5 mile long runs for several weeks! A half mile is really not that much further. But for some reason it was LONG in my mind. But I did it! 10 feels that way as well, and I will attempt to tackle that distance in December!

I got a nice surprise this week from my friend Cindy! She is the one who sent me the Garmin after I had lost mine! Look what she found that goes with it:

It's the Garmin foot pod!

Doesn't it look cool?!
Now I will be able to track my cadence while I'm running! I used it for the first time on my 9 miler, but it only recorded the cadence for the first 20 minutes or so. I'm not sure if that was due to the low battery on my watch or if the battery needs to be replaced on the food pod. I will try it out again and fix one or both of those issues! But if the data that the foot pod collected during that short time was correct, then I am running at a proper cadence for the proper form to keep my body healthy! I'm anxious to be able to collect more data soon!

This coming week I am taking a break from formal exercise while my daughters and I go to Walt Disney World for a short vacation with my mom! Instead of swim, bike, run, I will be doing a walk, walk, walk! :D I typically continue to run when I go to Disney, but I thought this was a good time in the schedule for an extended break. I really haven't had any down time for months, just the Cut Back Weeks. It's time to just rest and relax! I am bringing a skirt with me in case I want to go for a run on the last day that we're there, which is not a park day. I wasn't planning to do this until I realized that I will finally be able to run the entire way around the lake and over the bridge between Pop Century and the new Art of Animation resort (we are staying at the latter). I have been running half way around the lake for years!! Running all the way around would be very special to me!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week of training and resting and achieving that elusive balance! I'll be playing with Mickey, Goofy, and Captain Jack! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment