Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Long FAST run!! :)

I had to get my long run in this morning - so weird to be doing a long run on a Wednesday. But the weekend ahead is completely crazy, in a fun "It's almost Christmas!" sort of way. And since next week is a cut-back week, I really wanted to get in another 10 miler. My last one the week before Thanksgiving was sort of an accident. I was running at the hilly park and I could either walk the mile back to the car or run it... so I ran it, and that made 10 miles! LOL

So this time I wanted to set out to run 10 miles. It was a mild but foggy morning. Like pea soup fog. And damp from all of the rain we've had recently. Despite the weather, the park was busy!

I started out like I always do, feeling sort of blah - especially since last night was my tap class and we did our dance a bunch of times! But soon enough, I fell into an amazing groove! I felt great and I let myself go with it. I knew I was going to be faster than my usual 10 mile time, but it wasn't until I got done that I realized how fast I truly went!

An average of 9:48?? Over 10 miles! And look at my splits:

I came SO close to running negative splits! Mile 4 was off because I got a text and since I'd left the kids at home sleeping, I wanted to check it, so I walked while I checked. (It was my son telling me he was up and doing his school work - such a good kid, er, almost adult! LOL)

I have to admit, I've had the Garmin Connect page up all day, just so I can stare at it... especially that 9:05 mile 10! :D I'm so vain!

I'm going to spend today in compression socks, rolling and stretching as often as I can! Hopefully I won't have too many bad affects from the speed I put my body through this morning! I can't blame anyone but myself if I do, though! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment