Friday, December 13, 2013

'Twas the Night Before Jingle Jog...

'Twas the Night Before Jingle Jog
When all through the house...

OK, I really did try most of the afternoon to come up with a cute poem in the style of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. But in the end, it just didn't happen. I'm either not that creative, or my brain has just shut down for the year. Maybe inspiration will strike later and I can come back and edit this post! ;)

So, it really is the night before Jingle Jog, that is the 8th annual Jingle Jog for Autism 5K. You may, or may not, remember that this race was my very first race EVER back in 2008! In the strange way that race dating works, that's 5 years ago but this will be my 6th time participating! I have tackled this race in so many different ways.

In 2008, it was my first 5K and I was hoping to just run the entire thing. And I did!

In 2009, I was running with my then 10 year old daughter!

In 2010, I heavy into the miles and ran 7 miles that morning before I came to run the Jingle Jog!

In 2011, I was injured and walked the whole thing.

In 2012, I was still recovering but also trying to prepare to run/walk a half marathon in a few weeks (and it was almost 70 degrees at race time! LOL)

So far, 2013 is looking to be a wash out. The forecast is calling for a 100% chance of rain and race time temps around 48 degrees. Bums me out because I had big plans for dressing up. I'm still going to dress up, but I'm going to end up being soaking wet, so it won't be as much fun! ;)

It's funny how my perspective has changed in these last 5 years. This night in 2008, I was so afraid. I didn't know if I was going to be able to run the whole 5K and I really wanted to. Tonight, I'm thinking that it's 'only a 5K' so I can wear my cute stuff and deal with being wet for that brief bit of time! Pretty cool, huh?

Stay tuned tomorrow evening for the race report! If you're running or racing tomorrow (anywhere but Florida @@), stay warm and be safe! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment