Thursday, January 9, 2014

I want to ride my bicycle...

This is Cut-Back Week, and though that's not usually a time for me to add to my routine, I decided to do exactly that this week! Since I've committed to the Half Ironman distance in September, I really need to amp up my cycling. And from what I've been reading, the best way to do that is to spend more time on the bike. I mean, that's a no-brainer, right?

So yesterday was my regular brick workout (Bike/Run) - but cut down by 75%. Today I did my early morning swim workout, and this this afternoon, I hopped onto the trainer for a short ride. I decided that 7.5 miles would be a good distance to start out with (and next week I'll bump it up by 10% or so). Since I had just ridden yesterday, and also did a lower body workout, I decided to make today's bike ride very easy and gentle. I put it into a nice easy gear and just spun at around 90 RPMs.

The ride felt good and I'm excited to add to my base mileage for the next couple of months!

This weekend is my first run with the triathlon club - and there is a 100% chance of rain! My weather mojo is at work once again! I probably should have told them that I tend to do this to the weather! LOL

In other news, this week is Marathon Week at Walt Disney World! The first ever "Dopey Challenge" is going on right now. It's a 5K today, 10K tomorrow, Half Marathon on Saturday, and Full Marathon on Sunday! You get SIX medals: each individual event, PLUS Goofy, PLUS Dopey.

Yeah, you know I want it! LOL One of these days, I'm sure I'll go down there and get it, too! Maybe it'll be my graduation present in 2016 (since Austin graduates in 2015! LOL).

No comments:

Post a Comment