Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I'm all in!

Finally pulled the trigger - registered for my 10th Half Marathon! It's this Saturday! Yes, as in 5 days away! I am trying hard to be a good girl and have the money in hand before I register, but I actually had this money last weekend. But I was sick and was unsure if I would be able to run at all. So I waited patiently. Sort of! ;)

Yesterday I was able to run for the first time in a week. It felt really, really good! I did my 4/1 intervals and did my very best to keep it nice and slow. I also stopped at 5 miles, which was so hard because I felt so good. In fact, it felt so good that I almost made a really big mistake!

You see, last weekend - when I was wondering if my half marathon was going to happen - I went in search of other half marathons in the area in the next few weeks. And I found one on this coming Sunday. So while I was running yesterday, my brain starts thinking that maybe I should do both half marathons. My rationale being that I am used to cycling 45-50 miles on Sunday so how much different could it be to run a half marathon?! I texted my hubby on the way home from the run and told him of my crazy idea. He was supportive, as he always is! :) I even asked on one of my triathlon groups on FB and got mixed replies. Some folks said no way and others said to go for it. I figured if I made it through Goofy under-trained and injured, I could do this.

But then I took a step back.

I do NOT need to screw up Augusta just because of a crazy idea! My base building has gone so well this winter, despite the crazy weather we've been having in Atlanta, and I've only had the one hiccup of last week's nasty cold (a nurse friend thinks it was the flu!). I do not need to push my luck and end up screwing everything up!

Apparently being off for a week made me borderline crazy! LOL

So I'm sticking to just doing my one half marathon this coming Saturday - keeping fingers crossed that the snow/ice be totally out of the way by then! I am very, very excited! And today I was able to get to the pool before any bad weather came through. I switched up my schedule and got in a little trainer ride in the afternoon. It's unlikely that I will be doing a brick tomorrow, but I will do another trainer ride for sure. Hoping to get to the pool and then run on Thursday afternoon, but the weather will be the main factor.

If you're in the path of this nasty ice/snow storm in the southeast, please stay home and be careful. If you're someplace that is sunny and 65, then POOH on you! Enjoy your workouts, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment