Sunday, July 20, 2014

I did it! I survived!!

It took a lot out of me.

I wasn't sure I was going to make it.

I've never been so tired before.

I wanted to give up many times.

But in the end, I did it!

I lived through my daughter's Summer Intensive at her new dance studio! :) It was two weeks of driving her every day over to the studio and either occupying myself (and my youngest daughter) in that area, or driving home and then driving there and back again. I drove 600 miles just that first week! And my car doesn't have air conditioning right now. And remember I live in Atlanta. And it's July??

It also meant that my workouts had to end by 8 AM, or start after 11 AM, to allow for my drive time. I had to skip my group bike rides during the week and hit the trainer instead. And I had to cut some of my runs short to allow for the time to get back home and shower. I was able to get in my swim workouts.

In between those weeks, I went to Augusta to train. I ended up taking Monday as a rest day. And I took another one today, skipping an Open Water Swim. I was just too tired - and we start back to school in only 2 weeks!

This week I have scheduled a cut back week of sorts. My run and bike yesterday and the day before were shorter due to the aforementioned craziness, so I will count the cut back as having started then. This week, I have to have some work done on my car (yes, the A/C is on that list, but it may have to wait for next week... the more important stuff has to be done first! So, you know, the car will actually stay running! LOL). I'm hoping that I can get that done tomorrow, and then run in the afternoon or evening, and not have to be without my car for more than a day. I really want to ride on the roads on Tuesday (assuming that the weather gets better).

I should have more time to post now that I won't be running around like a crazy person - at least for a few weeks, until we start back to school and the new dance year.

Only 10 weeks until my first Half Ironman!!

No comments:

Post a Comment