Sunday, July 27, 2014

Open Water Surfing

Today was Open Water Swim day at the lake. But with the breeze blowing and some active boat traffic, it felt more like Open Water Surfing on top of the waves (and under the waves as they crashed over my head!). It was hard work and felt like being in a washing machine, but I did a great job... managed to do each lap out to The Point and back in right under 30 minutes. I know that my time was aided in part by the waves giving me a push to the shore on the way back in, but it's nice to see that I came in under 30 minutes on both laps. Last time, I was only able to do that one time. I'm getting stronger at the lake, and that's a great feeling! I'm anxious to try it out when the lake is nice and calm - maybe I could beat 25 minutes??

9 weeks from today is race day! I'm feeling very, very ready! I know that the next few weeks of training are going to be more important from a mental standpoint. Physically, my body will be able to do the distances. To mentally put it all together is going to be what I will focus on these next few weeks. I am improving my stamina and keeping my focus mentally and practicing my hydration and nutrition plans.

August is a busy month with lots of great workouts, my tri training camp, and starting back to school and dance schedules. It's going to be a big balancing act, but that's part of life, isn't it? I'm hoping not to let it get to me and overwhelm me! Just do what I can do - and enjoy the process!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your swim! You are ready and you will do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy!! I'm getting very excited!

      Delete