Friday, August 29, 2014

Swim Waves are UP!

While I was out on my run this morning, my "partner in crime" (aka tri camp roomie, Lisa) messaged me to tell me that the swim waves for Augusta 70.3 are up!

I am wave 16 at 8:32 AM wearing a red cap.

This is good news for my mom and dad who are coming to watch me race. They can sleep in! LOL I will have about an hour and a half to kill between transition closing and my wave starting. But I'm an experienced Disney racer, so this is nothing I'm not used to. And it's not "Disney Early"!

So here is my estimated timing for the race:

8:32 AM - start swim
9:05 AM - out of the water
9:15 AM - on the bike
1:15 PM - back from bike
1:30 PM - on the run
4:00 PM - finish line!

7.5 hours is my sort of mental goal. Faster or slower matters not to me as long as I finish under 8 1/2 hours, but this is an estimate for my parents (and anyone else who wants to keep track of me on race day!). The course closes at 5:50 PM so that gives me a lot of wiggle room in case of mechanical issues on the bike or a general bonking! ;)

Starting on the run at 1:30 in the afternoon means it's going to be a hot and steamy run for me. I guess all this running in the afternoons is going to be helpful in getting me acclimated to running in the heat of the day.

It's getting real now... the race is 4 weeks from Sunday! Now we just need bib numbers and the Athlete Guide to be posted on the website! Can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know, Lisa! It feels like this whole year has been building up to this one day - and it's almost here!

      Delete
  2. You are going to do great! Wish I could be there to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete