Monday, September 15, 2014

First Taper Week Done... Taper Madness in full effect!

Last week was the first week of the Taper where I did the same workouts, but at 75% of my peak volume. Honestly, that was still a LOT of miles! LOL I think this coming week will be better as far as physical recuperation but my mental craziness is going completely off the top of the charts!

Taper Madness is here.

My poor family!

Of course, none of this craziness was helped by an article shared on the Augusta 70.3 Facebook page indicating that the river was closed to swimming due to an oil spill.

Good gracious! What are they trying to do to me?!

I'm trying my best not to panic. They have plenty of time to clean up. But at the same time I'm thinking what will I do if the swim is cancelled. My hotel is not pre-paid. Would I want to spend over $400 plus gas and food to go to something that's not even a "real" Half Ironman?? Probably not.

But I'm not going to worry myself about it. There is nothing I can do to change anything. I will just have to keep doing my taper/training and let the chips fall where they may!

13 days to go. I hope. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment