Thursday, November 20, 2014

I skipped a workout! And it's OK!

Yes, I know it's shocking, but today I did the unthinkable - I took an unplanned rest day!

It's been so cold this week, and I still managed to get out and get my workouts done, even though it meant rushing around like a mad woman to get it all in between lessons and housework and taxi mom duty!

I could have done the same today. But I didn't. The alarm went off for me to go to the pre-dawn swim, and I decided instead to make muffins for breakfast.

And that's OK!

And then we went on a field trip this morning and I had told myself I could ride on the trainer after we got home. But I was sort of tired. So I decided to put up my feet for awhile and rest before taxi mom duty today.

And that's OK!

The holiday season is fast approaching and I've always prided myself at being able to keep up with my workouts amidst all the hustle and bustle. But this year "hustle and bustle" is being taken to a whole new level! And it's the off-season. I love, love, love my workouts! They help to freshen my mind and rejuvenate my spirit! So when it's  causing me to stress me out even more, it's time to re-evaluate my plans. And today, that meant that I needed to skip a workout (or two! LOL).

And that's OK!

Tomorrow I will wake up - hopefully refreshed - and take my first ever pair of "running tights" out for their very first miles!

Because one (or two) skipped workouts doesn't mean that I'm slipping off the wagon! It just means that I need a break either in the number of workouts or the duration during this particularly busy season!

And that's OK!

Remember to enjoy your holidays! Enjoy your off-season! Enjoy your family! And enjoy your workouts!

1 comment:

  1. HA - thanks to my hurt foot, I've missed a solid week's worth of workouts. Trying to tell myself it's okay!

    ReplyDelete