Monday, June 8, 2015

Back in the saddle again!

Well, it's the 2nd week of June. I've survived recital weekend times 2 girls (in two different dance schools with shows and recitals in two different locations on the same days). I survived my first child's high school graduation, and giving the speech to celebrate the occasion. There is so much more ahead of me this summer and early fall that I hadn't expected, but I know I will face it and survive it as well. But today marks an exciting milestone:

Post Run Selfie
Today I officially began my Marathon Training Plan to prepare for the Marine Corps Marathon, and ultimately, Marathon Maniac status (and now Double Agent status) as I also finish the Soldier Marathon! It seems like such a long time ago that I made this decision to tackle this goal, but now it's here!

I didn't do as good of a job in maintaining my base mileage as I had hoped to. But I did manage to keep running 3-4 days a week, even if it wasn't very far. I am completely starting at the beginning with this training plan, even though I had done longer long runs. I think that will be the best way to tackle the training because it will give my body a little time to rest.

Today's run was pretty good, though it was warm and humid bright and early. It has been so nice in the last week or so in the morning. I felt it was humorous that the weather would turn muggy as soon as my training plan started!

My goal is to blog regularly while training! I hope you'll stick with me, or if you've lost interest because of my lack of posting, I hope you'll return and join me!

I'm sure it's going to be quite an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment