Saturday, August 15, 2015

MCM 2015 Training: Week #10

HALFWAY DONE!!!

I cannot believe that I'm done with Week #10 of my marathon training already! It is going by so quickly! With our homeschooling year resuming this week, it's going to fly by even more quickly, I'm sure! 

This week was a cut back week, which I really appreciated since we did start back with lessons and dance classes/rehearsals for one of my girls. I was able to get in all of my workouts, though my cycling went back to the trainer simply due to time constraints! I hope to be able to do some of the trainer workouts that I've saved over the last few months or from the book I have called "Workouts in a Binder for Cyclists". But for right now, I'm just going to work on getting my cadence up again. Actually, it may end up staying that way through marathon training. My focus is on my running legs right now. 

My shoulder is doing really well. I'd guess I'm about 95% with my range of motion and there is almost no discomfort anymore. I am planning to resume swimming this coming week, easing back into it slowly. 

Running this week went well. I started breaking in one pair of my pretty new shoes! And they really are SO pretty. They make me happy just looking at them. I also bought 2 pair of capri pants for the race, so I ran in one pair this week. I was surprised that I wasn't overly hot. I will try the other pair this coming week. I'm really missing having pockets, though, so I'm not sure what I will end up doing. Good thing I have some more weeks to try things out! ;)

My pretty new shoes! Today I wore the ones on the right!
Speaking of trying things out... I need to work on my nutrition. I use Generation UCAN for half marathons and for my 70.3 last year, but I am not going to be able to refuel with it on the marathon course. I have to research some ideas - hope that some experienced UCAN users will have some ideas for me. I know a common suggestion is to use the UCAN to make a gel for later, but I cannot tolerate the texture of gels. At least I have time to practice with that, too!

This coming week is going to be a whirlwind! Back into regular training and my younger daughter returns to dance and my older daughter starts her outside classes (one of which is a college class for dual enrollment - YAY!). I'm just going to focus on getting in some quality workouts and not neglecting my stretching, rolling, and strength work! Next weekend I have 2 races that I'm using as training runs. Saturday is the Magnolia Run for Epilepsy, and I'll likely be walking it with my son who has Epilepsy. Sunday is the Hotlanta Half Marathon which I signed up for to keep my Half Marathon streak going! I've run at least 1 half marathon ever year since my first one in 2010! 

Hope training and racing is going well for everyone! Don't neglect recovery, though!! Recovery and rest are important components of your well-rounded training plan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment