Wednesday, January 20, 2016

It's almost the end of January?? And it's 2016?!

I cannot believe it's been more than 2 months since I last wrote a blog post. I knew it had been a long time, but I didn't realize it had been that long! I'm really sorry! I can't believe how crazy things have been.

My plan for November and December was to take some time off and recover. My dancer had Nutcracker over Thanksgiving weekend and this year I decided to take off that whole week. It made things go much, much more smoothly and I was much less stressed out. It took about 4 weeks until my heart rate would go down easily during my walk breaks in my runs. But after that, my workouts started feeling a lot better.

And then I dropped a full family size bottle of shampoo on my right foot while I was in the shower - two days before we were scheduled to go to Disneyland. OUCH! I made it through the airports and the theme parks (my daughter's app said that we walked 35 miles in those 5 days) and then I took off the next week to recover my foot.

I was starting to get worried because it just wasn't getting any better, but after about 5 days, it was noticeably better. I took a full week off, though, just to be safe. I did swim twice that week, but I stayed off the foot!

So that means that I ran on Sunday and Wednesday (today) and now I have the Hot Chocolate 15K this coming Sunday! I am terribly under-trained and those Atlanta hills are going to KICK. MY. BUTT!!! :D

But there will be chocolate. So it won't be ALL bad anyway, right?! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment