Sunday, July 23, 2017

Dopey Challenge Training: Week 2

Well, this week was just a tiny bit insane! I'd go into all the various details, but since it's Sunday evening and I apparently lived through it - then it really must not have been as bad as it felt at the time!

First, here is what training looked like this week:

Monday - 4 mile run plus an 800 meter swim (Pure Barre class in the evening)
Tuesday - XT (18.9 mile bike ride)
Wednesday - 4.6 mile run plus a 900 meter swim (Pure Barre class in the evening)
Thursday - XT (13.3 mile bike ride then a 4 mile run off the bike)
Friday - rest day [drove to Nashville to bring home my daughter for a few weeks]
Saturday - long run (8 miles)
Sunday -  planned rest day but instead 49.5 mile bike ride, then a 10 minute run off the bike


As you can see, that's a lot of training going on! LOL And then add in a whirlwind trip to Nashville and an unexpected 50 mile bike ride and you have one tired Niffer. It's been such a busy summer! But I'll figure out the balance! Right now? I'm so tired that I can't even think of anything to say about this week's training except that it went very well. Even the 50 mile ride felt strong! I can tell you that I will be going to bed early this evening! :D

Tonight I signed up for a Sprint Tri in August, as well as GatorFest 1.2 mile swim and Ride for a Reason 56 mile bike ride in Augusta in August! It's fun to have a few events in the calendar!

Happy training to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment